Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reflection on the Past Week.

This has been one of the most trying weeks. I have been sadly reminded how quickly a life can be changed. With the death of Seth Lafferty, I was reminded how that I take my own children for granted. I didn't know Seth as well as some, but I was fortunate to spend many hours teaching him about Jesus. He touched so many with his smile and laughter. Especially Connor, he has had a hard time understanding. I don't know that I understand. Going through this in my own childhood makes me more able to relate to Curtis. My heart was so broken when I heard from his mom that he was blaming himself. I too, blamed myself (subconsciously) for the death of my brother. I tried for so many years to make it up to those around me by being a "people pleaser". Thank God that I finally am now striving to please only My Lord. I still struggle with the understanding that he loves me unconditionally. I want so much to be able to show others my love and for them to realize that I do it because I am loved by HIM. My prayer for Curtis is to realize that he too will see his brother again. Just as Chris talked about tonight---We are never without God, in death or life. This week has been mentally, spiritually, and physically challenging---Thank God for daily renewal!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Beautifully stated. Thanks for sharing. I hadn't thought about your childhood experiences and the connection there. Love ya, Angie

PATIENCE!

PATIENCE!
Craig reading the "Christmas Story" while the kids wait PATIENTLY to open their gifts!